PURPOD100™ has earned Club Coffee the 2016 Innovation in Bioplastics award from SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association and the SPI Bioplastics Council.
About the Award:
The competition acknowledges the year’s most creative, state-of-the-art innovation in the bioplastics industry.
– SPI selects one company a year for its innovative application of bioplastics materials, products or processes
– Entries are judged on innovation, sustainability measures and marketplace impact
SPI actively advocates and educates about bioplastics. When SPI representatives saw PURPOD100™ at the Innovation Takes Root industry event in Florida earlier this year, they encouraged Club Coffee to submit PURPOD100™ for this prestigious award. Winning the award indicates that PURPOD100™ is a major step forward for bioplastics innovation focused directly on a high-profile consumer need.
The entire Club Coffee and PurPod100 teams are proud to earn this prestigious award.
Past winners are:
- Avantium, which won the first Innovation in Bioplastics Award in 2013 for its development of a packaging material for beverage makers
- Teknor Apex won the 2014 Award for the development of compounds with high-impact and heat-resistant properties
- Eastman Kodak was the winner in 2015 for its creation of a biotoner that contains greater than 90 percent biobased and biodegradable materials
About SPI & Bioplastics Industry:
SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association represents the third largest manufacturing sector in the United States.
- Increasing focus on sustainability and favorable government regulations for green procurement policies
- New opportunities in the consumer goods and packaging sectors e.g., biodegradable mulch films, compostable waste bags, catering products, film packaging and of course … coffee pods!